Friday 6 February 2015

Uni and Mens shirt project

While most people at college are working on portfolios and going to interviews for universities, I'm there not having a single clue what I want to do after college because I have no clue what I'm good at and whether I even have a place in the fashion industry. I know what I enjoy,which is designing using Photoshop but constantly compare my designs to others in class and then think mine are rubbish. I  also have a keen interest in photography but never do anything about it. I can sit on the bus home and notice something that I think would make a beautiful photo but never go back and take one I  even have the equipment to take amazing photos but never took the time to learn which is something I want to start doing.I started taking a photography class at college and learnt about shutter speed and aperture which makes me want to take my cameras off auto and play around with these settings to get better photos which is something I know I need to do. 

I'm Currently working on a men shirt with the theme "New age warrior" we visited an air museum to get inspiration from war planes and also researching print designers like Orla Kiely.

 I then looked into different weapons used and was interested in bow and arrows and incorporated these into a designs. 





































I'm currently working on the process of designing my final shirt and being to start printing on the fabric next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment